Update + The Lively Show
Oh, hi there! It’s been awhile since we’ve stopped by to say hello! While it’s been a little quiet over on the MegMade blog, we’ve been working on so many amazing projects and partnerships over the last 3 months that life has been wonderfully busy. So busy in fact that we didn’t quite get the chance to update you on all the good things we’ve been up to!
We thought we’d make up for lost time by sharing the highlights reel of the past 3 months, all while giving you a little sneak peek of the good things to come. We’ve got quite a few amazing things up our sleeves, and we’re excited to share how they’ll unfold in the coming months. Let’s play a little game of catch up, shall we?
We had the incredible fortune of being featured in so many publications, blogs, and even the New York Times (definitely a “pinch me” moment!) Here’s a few of favorite features over the past few months: • We’re big fans of Amelia over at the CHICago Life Blog, and we were thrilled to work with her on her sweet son’s nursery makeover! We love Amelia’s eye for interior design, and clearly we’re not alone – Style Me Pretty even picked it up too! (Photo Credit: Hallie Duesenberg)
• We love Lindsay Pinchuk and Bump Club & Beyond over here at MegMade and were honored to be featured as one of their favorite things on WCIU You & Me. You can watch the segment here.
• Nicole Regan, the beautiful girl behind Cedar & Rush interviewed Meg for their Work Smarter, Not Harder series, which you can read here! • Wandeleur, a local creative lifestyle site also did a fun feature on Meg asking her some burning questions on being an entrepreneur, how she started the business, and what keeps her creative every day. We may be biased, but we think it’s a pretty good read 😉 (Photo Credit: Carolina Mariana) • One of our favorite blogs The DIY Playbook featured two campaign nightstands that we lacquered white for Casey.
• Meg made her on-screen debut on WGTV’s Weekend Work Bench, showing off her serious DIY skills.
• We also worked on a little video sharing the story of MegMade and why we truly believe in bringing purpose to all aspects of our business. Check it out and let us know your thoughts! • We hosted a fabulous open house holiday party which was such a success that we are going to do one this summer, so stay tuned! • Our youngest son turned one, which we can hardly believe. Please time, slow down! He is into food, food, did I say food? He also loves his brothers trucks and a good ole pot and pan. He is adored by everyone that meets him because of his sweet demeanor and toothless grin.
• Oh, and that New York Times mention? Definitely icing on the cake! We shared why online reviews are so important to us (and how we really do read every single one) in this New York Times article.
So, what’s next for us? We’re just getting started!
We have a few things we’re really looking forward to in 2016, and we’re hoping to share all the highlights right here to keep you in the loop. We’ll be sharing some of our favorite home features (and believe us, there are some truly beautiful places to share!), to our favorite design tips, to DIY projects, tutorials and more. We’re excited to be working on some great resources for you as you make your home even more beautiful! And since we’re big dreamers ourselves, we’re planning some exciting partnerships and projects that we want to share with you in the coming months. For one, we will be partnering with a different charity each month. We will tell you all about why they are amazing and we will be giving the money from our first sold piece each month to them as well as 10% of our profit from that month! We have always been philanthropic here (it is my background), but we are going to share about the people we give to with you all now!
We are also pumped to announce we’ll be hosting various painting classes at MegMade on a regular basis so you can transform your home into the DIY heaven you’ve always wanted it to be! Amy Howard may even stop in to teach one!
We’re also revealing our new division, MegMade Premier, where we’ll be refinishing pieces with even more high-end specialty finishes, which we’re especially excited to share in the coming weeks (believe us, these pieces are seriously swoon-worthy!)
And between all our fun upcoming projects, we’ll be continuing to offer incredible pieces with amazing finishes at a great price, as well as working on upholstery projects with our beautiful selection of in-house fabrics. Clearly, we’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re all very excited to see it all come to life!
And speaking of things we’re excited about – we’re happy to announce that Meg will be on The Lively Show tomorrow! To be among people interviewed like Brene Brown, Young House Love, Rue Magazine Founder, Oh Joy Found and Caitlin Wilson is beyond a dream come true! We’ve had the pleasure to work and play with Jess for years (one of our first customers – out of garage!), and we’re incredibly flattered to be featured on her amazing podcast. Make sure to listen when the podcast drops on Thursday (it’s sure to be a very revealing and fun interview!)
As always, thanks so much for swinging by! We’re excited for what’s to come and to share our journey with you!